Sunday, June 10, 2007

Papa's Mind is at Ease

We are soon getting a German archbishop for the archdiocese of St. Paul MN. Three cheers! Hopefully he'll obey our wonderful Pope Benedict XVI and the magisterium. I was talking to some seminarians who were so enthralled when Cardinal Ratzinger was elected to carry on the work of saintly JPII that they had a "German Party" on the roof of one of the seminary buildings. He said they had bratwurst and beer. But the beer was root beer. Nearly all of these young men are full of love for the Eucharist and the Church. My dear seminarian friend said that they are all solid, good Catholics. All of these young men are going to the seminary right after the insidious scandal by some bishops and priests. How brave and gracious they are. These new seminarians and the young, conservative priests that we have now put my mind and heart at ease knowing that Christ was right, the Church will go on until the end of time. I worry about my grandkids a lot, but the new priests and seminarians give me hope. My wife and I still pray for the seminarians and young priests every day to maintain the wonderful traditions of the Church of Rome.

No comments: